Monday, March 7, 2011

Banana Cupcakes

makes about 12 cupcakes
Worried about the freshman fifteen, yet still want a yummy treat? These banana cupcakes are just the thing! They are an easy way to incorporate fruit into your diet while still eating a treat. There is no butter in this recipe and only a minimal amount of sugar. I always make these cupcakes when I have an overly ripe banana; I often take a banana from my dining hall but sometimes forget to eat it. To avoid the guilt of wasting food by throwing away my banana, I use it to make these cupcakes. If I have nuts or chocolate chips on hand, I toss a few into the batter to add some extra flavor and texture.

Banana Cupcakes
Ingredients:
3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3 mashed bananas
1 tbsp oil
1c. & 2 tbsp milk

Instructions:
In a medium size bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg. To this mixture slowly add the vanilla, oil, milk, and bananas. Mix together until just combined. It is ok to have a few lumps in the batter. Grease a pan or line a cupcake tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

* frosting often requires an electric mixer to make, so I just stick to canned frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment