Monday, March 7, 2011

Microwaveable Chocolate Cake


A literal cupcake, this has become my 'go-to" recipe
whenever I want something chocolaty. It is fast and easy to make and better yet, involves little clean-up. This recipe has a minimal amount of sugar (helpful for fighting off the freshman 15) so the chocolate flavor can be a bit weak. To enhance the chocolate flavor without adding more sugar, I simply substitute a few tablespoons of cocoa powder for the hot chocolate mix. During midterm or finals week, when I am stressed out and up late studying, I take a 10 minute break to make this treat and satisfy my chocolate cravings.



Ingredients:
4 tbsp. flour 
9 tbsp hot chocolate mix
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp oil
1 egg


Instructions:
In a standard sized mug, combine all ingredients and mix until it becomes a batter. Make sure to completely stir in the egg and to stir slowly so as to avoid spilling ingredients. Microwave the mug for 3 minutes on high. 




2 comments:

  1. SO glad I found this recipe! It tastes good and is so fast and easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't very chocolaty & I don't have cocoa powder, but I added chocolate syrup and that worked too

    ReplyDelete