Monday, March 7, 2011

No Bake Chocolate Cookies

When a friend of mine, who goes to school far from home, began to feel homesick, I decided to send her a care package to cheer her up. What is more comforting than a homemade treat? Along with a few other things, I included theses tasty chewy, chocolate cookies, which are her favorite. Making these cookies took almost no time out of my busy schedule. I was able to make the dough, shape the cookies on the wax paper, and clean up my few dishes in about a half hour. Though I had to wait an hour before packaging them up, this time allowed me to throw in a load of laundry and to finish my chem homework.

 

Ingredients:

2 c. white sugar
makes about 24 cookies
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder 
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract 
1 pinch of salt
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. instant oats

Instructions:
Combine the cocoa, milk, sugar, and butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Heat this mixture until it comes to a boil (remember to stir it occasionally to prevent it from burning and sticking to the pot). Let it boil for a minute and then remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, vanilla, salt, & peanut butter. Quickly drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a piece of wax paper or onto a lightly greased baking pan or plate. Let the cookies cool for an hour and then eat and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment